It’s that time again – the season of toy buying! It’s a time to be thoughtful about toys and gifts. Too much is too much because it encourages lack of care and lack of interest. But “real” play is fun and mesmerizing. If there’s something out there that adds to wonder, if there’s something out there that encourages excitement, if there is something out there you or your child really wants to play with, then I say “play on”!
Buy toys that you care about. Keep toys that add value to your child’s experiences. Tis the season of magic and abundance. Play on!
Here is what’s caught my attention this year. Don’t forget to take a look at our Top Toy Lists from 2013, 2014 and 2015. We really do like toys!
1. Stick-lets™ Fort Kit from Magic Cabin
If parents of children under 2 create and recreate this experience in the house, in the backyard, change for the season, their soon-to-be preschoolers will grow ready and eager to build again & again, customized and original creations.
2. Wooden Heart Blocks in Rainbow from Bella Luna Toys
3. Insta-Snow from Steve Spangler Science
4. Green Tones Beginner Drum Set from Music is Elementary
5. Woodland Nesting Set from Magic Cabin
6. Excellerations® Soft Baby Bricks & Cakes from Discount School Supply
7. Excellerations® Visual Tracking Tubes – Set of 5 from Discount School Supply
8. Mega Bloks First Builders Farmhouse Friends Building Set from Amazon
9. Mega Bloks First Builders Food Truck Kitchen Building Set from Amazon
10. Glow in the Dark Solar System from Constructive Playthings
11. Excellerations® Our Soft Inclusive Dolls – Set of 4 from Amazon
12. Big Mouth Animal Puppets – Set of 8 from Discount School Supply
13. 4-in-1 Baby Born® Nursery from Little Tykes
Don’t limit yourself to someone else’s toy or gift recommendations. Imagine the child you are buying for actually playing with the toy. Give yourself time to “shop” – keep it personal!