I believe in monsters! Because I believe in the children who see them, hear them, feel them!
As parents, you can expect the monsters. Use books and pretend play to build confidence and resourcefulness when those monsters show up. And find more monster managing strategies in the article, Monsters: Good and Bad.
A few favorite Children’s Books about Monsters:
• Go Away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley
• Leonardo, the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems
• A Little Book of Monsters by Llyn Hunter and Troy Wicker
• My Monster Mama loves Me So by Laura Leuck
• There’s a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer
• Tyrannosaurus Reg by Dan Crisp
• Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
And here are links to more Monster Book Lists:
• Books on Ghosts and Monsters from Little Parachutes
• Monster Themed books from Babble
• 19 Monster books for Kids from Pinterest
• 15 Books to Help Children Overcome Their Fears from FamilyEducation.com